Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Yes I have made the move

For as long as I can think I have shot my portraits in my living room, with some exceptions of course. The past months I had used my neighbors apartment as a studio and this was fine with me because I needed only 1 minute from my house. But it was a house and not a studio and some people were not that happy with the looks of it! And I have to say I can understand but not everyone can afford a fancy studio space, certainly not in a city like Amsterdam.
So I had found somebody to share a space with. The only thing - we both only had the idea in our mind and no space available. For a couple of weeks I checked some spaces. Some really spacious and nice, some a bit smaller but neat and clean with a huge outdoor space that could be used as well. I was in too minds and eventually checked out a space that was close to my house and decided to go for it! YES, I have finally a new space, a space that is not my living room or in any way attached to my house! I am proud, even if I share it with other people.
Two days ago I have picked up the keys and today I have brought all my equipment to the new location which was a physical challenge since I had to carry everything up two staircases! But I am happy and I am looking forward to use it!
First step into the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment